How to find us
Iveing at Ambleside, Old Lake Road, Ambleside, Cumbria LA22 0DJ
By car: on entering Ambleside from the south, proceed on Lake Road turning first right onto Old Lake Road. Proceed for approximately 400m and the property can be found on the right, just past the entrance to Iveing Cottage. From the North turn left off Lake Road prior to the BP garage and the property is 300m on the left hand side.
Please take care when entering and exiting the driveway, particularly if you drive a low vehicle.
We are waiting for the auto-generated Google description to catch up with the change from hostel to self-catering. Forgive the error here – we are no longer “dorm style lodging with free breakfast”!
By public transport:
Windermere is the closest train station and is 4.1 miles away. Bus 435 runs every 15mins and connects Keswick and Kendal, running through Ambleside. We are 3 minutes walk from Ambleside’s bus terminal.
- 4 hours by train to Windermere from London Euston (change at Oxenholme for Windermere, then bus 555 to Ambleside)
- 2.5 hours by road from Glasgow/Edinburgh
- 2 hours by road from Manchester, also train connection to Windermere from Manchester Airport
- 20 miles by road from M6 Motorway (junction 36)
Where can I park?
There is a private driveway with three spaces allocated to Iveing House and one space for guests of Iveing View. Additional free on-road parking is available close-by.
What time is check-in and check-out?
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
You will be emailed access instructions before your stay.
What is included?
- Beds will be made up for you
- One hand towel and one bath towel are provided per guest
- A cot and high chair is available for children under the age of 2 (please bring your own cot linen)
- The houses are heated by gas central heating
- Free WiFi access is available
Is it dog-friendly?
Absolutely. We love well-behaved four-legged friends: two are welcome at Iveing View and four are welcome at Iveing House. We politely request that they do not go on sofas or beds. There is an additional charge of £20.00 per dog to cover extra cleaning.
Please remember to bring your dog’s bed and a towel.
Can I smoke?
For the comfort of all guests, both properties are non-smoking.
How accessible is it?
The garden is on a steep embankment and unfortunately is not therefore accessible to guests.
Due to the age and layout of the properties, there are are a large number of steps. Unfortunately it is not suited to those with limited mobility.
Who do I speak to if I have any other questions?
In the first instance, please contact our lettings agent, Holiday Cottages, on 01237 426 781.